Monday, October 8, 2012

A Little Help, Please!

Hey loves,

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday so far.  Right now, I wanted to share a little more about something in my life and to ask you guys for a little help.  If you follow me on Facebook, you may have already seen this.

This is not something I would normally do, however, in light of the circumstances I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone a little.
 
Feb. 2, 2012 my oldest son, Donovan, was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D). This day forever changed our lives! To assist in making sure no other parents have to go through what my husband and I went through that day, my family and I will be participating in a Juvenile Diabetes Walk on Oct. 27 in Newport News, Va.; and we are asking (if you are able) for donations toward finding a cure. To give you a little background on this disease: it has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle and the child or adult is insulin dependent for life (without a cure) and has to maintain these levels EVERY day and night (multiple times).  This is not something I would wish on my worst enemy!!

Here is the link to our team page if you are willing to give. A little goes a long way and every penny is much appreciated!!

http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?team_id=64723&fr_id=1813&pg=team

Thank you so much in advance for your support, encouragement and kind words!

Deanna and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment