Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Yummy Baked Oatmeal Recipe

When I have cravings for something sweet, I try my hardest to reach for something healthy.  Just a year ago, that was unheard of for me lol. Today, I had one of those cravings so I made some baked oatmeal with banana.  It was sooo good!!  I posted the pic on my IG and received a request for the recipe. Here it is! Enjoy :)


3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup milk (I like to use almond milk)
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter.  Stir into oat mixture until blended.  

Spoon into a greased 9-in baking pan.  ***I used individual round baking dishes (see picture)***
Bake 40-45 minutes (30-35 with smaller dishes) or until set.  Serve warm with milk or fruit of your choice.
Yield: 9 servings


Additional info ----> I bought my 4 baking dishes from Ross Stores for $6 for the set.  It's great to use to make some and refrigerate so you can have some for later for breakfast the next few days ;))


**recipe used from tasteofhome.com**


No comments:

Post a Comment