Sunday, September 29, 2013

Savvy Small Business Sunday | Meet Fawziyyah Abdullah


Whenever I get an email about a feature request I always look up the person's business if I'm unfamiliar; which is what I did for Fawziyyah's boutique.  She creates some really unique pieces of jewelry-- ranging from earrings to bracelets to necklaces.  I have mad respect for any artist/designer because I know it takes patience and tenacity to continue with such a business.  Read more to find out how she started.  You just might be inspired to start working on your dream... Meet Fawziyyah!

What is the name of your business?
 Houseofgems

What does the business do?
 I make handcrafted unique jewelry


Is the business solely online or do you have a location?  
 Yes right now the business is just online the link to my website is www.houseofgemsonline.com-- you can also email me at houseofgemsboutique@gmail.com


When did you start your business?
 We started the business in 1998


Why did you choose to start your own business?
 My mother put this business together for my sisters and I but im the only one who kept the business going so I made it my own.


What advice do you have for someone else trying to start his or her own small business?
 Some advice is to stay focused!  Never give up on your dreams and ideas.  Always strive to do the best and more. Go outside your comfort zone-- it broadens your way of thinking and gives you a vision on where you want to be and take your business.


Is there anything else you would like for our readers to know about you?
I'm a stay at home mom and wife of 3 boys.  I'm also a fashion designer--I make one-of-a-kind pieces in modest wear and headwraps. I'm from Harlem, NY but I currently reside in Charlotte, Nc.  All my pieces are handcrafted and are one of a kind stylish and great quality items. 




No comments:

Post a Comment